Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Terra Firma


Note to the reader: if you are brave enough to visit my town, vertigoville, pop.1, stroll down to the bottom of this blog, it reads better in a chronological manner.
Caution: side effects may include nausea, dizziness, and lost of innocence.


      I am a sailor, an outcast, a pariah, a leprous and one of many lost souls.
 For the last 7 months or so, I have been living on a rocking boat with no destination, just wandering the roaring seas, lonely, endless seas.
 My north star stopped shinning a long time ago; my gods gave up on me, and my people, o my people they fear water, they cannot get wet.
Every night, I hear their voices; we miss you, we are dying to help you, but you have to find your way to the safe shores.
When you are on the Terra Firma you are our beloved son but when the storm hits and you are battling for your life on your shaky boat, you are on your own.
 My people are made of salt, and water is their enemy.
My people spend their long life avoiding water; the higher and  more menacing a body of water becomes, the further they run to the safety of their caves.
My people are a kind of salt statues; it is not their fault, that’s  the way they are.
 You can call them mean, canning, heartless bastards, but for me they are just my people, statues made of salt.
My people are just a bunch of helpless, hopeless bunch of salt statues, enjoying what they best do,
gather every night on the shore of safety and wait for their beloved son to return while they are telling stories.
My people are good at making stories and repeating them over and over till they become their reality.
In my people s stories nothing worth telling ever happens, there is no movement in my people s
stories and no character is responsible for his actions. All the characters in my people stories are
made of salt. And every character is the center of the world, omniscient, omnipotent and willing to
come to the rescue of anybody in need. The rule in my peoples stories is simple; come to the safety of
 the shore and you will be offered a helping hand, and a formula on how to sleep in peace at night.
Let the dizzy souls roam the high seas and dream of the promised Terra Firma, they will receive the help they need when the danger is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment