Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Don't cry over spilled guts.


Note to the reader: if you are brave enough to visit my town, vertigoville, pop.1, stroll down to the bottom of this blog, it reads better in a chronological manner.
Caution: side effects may include nausea, dizziness, and lost of innocence.


        When I was deported to Vertigoville, my forced exile, it was an inner earthquake.

My world shook vehemently, the ground dropped under my feet and since then, the spinning was my daily bread and the aftershocks were a constant occurrence.

No day passed without that constant feeling of rumbling in my guts, my guts could not take I spilled my guts on the land of my exile.

I dreamt of the day my forced exile would come to an end, I dreamt of the day I would receive my release papers so I could go back to everything that I left behind.

And I dreamt some more, how I would handle things, how I would cherish everything, how I would love my neighbor and turn the cheek.

Time passed and the earthquakes got feebler and feebler, and the aftershocks distant and distant, but still no release papers in the horizon.

I needed to be proactive, I needed an action plan, I needed a passage back to my old me, I missed my old me.

I fanaticized about the day I would reach my promised port, where my old me would be waiting for me among all the people I ever loved.

 During one of these day dreams I got a glimpse of my promised port, a deserted port, my old me was but a corpse on the deck and my loved ones were but ghosts enjoying being ghosts.

That day, Vertigoville ceased to be an exile, it became a home.

 I needed to adapt, to accept to live in my new home, and I needed to learn the rules governing my town.

There is no going back in Vertigoville, all the movement is forward, laws of physics oblige, there is no past, and yesterdays never occurred, the future was the key word.

I could not go back and picked up my spilled guts on the streets of my old world, I had to carry on moving forward, laws of physics oblige.

I had to learn to live without guts, I can do it, and I have seen people live their lives without guts.

The gutless and the ghosts would inherit the earth.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment